Lawrence M. Spindel D.D.S.
30 East 40th St. Suite 604
New York, N.Y. 10016
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back!
Our office reopened on June 15 and while our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) and practiced excellent infection control, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. One week prior to our reopening our staff received a nasal swab test for the Covid 19 virus. In addition they received additional training on Covid 19 precautions and spent the week cleaning and rearranging our office in accordance with NY state guidelines for dental offices.
You will notice some changes,
- First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
- Hand sanitizers are available for both patients and staff to use to disinfect hands as needed.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office and we ask that they come unaccompanied . If they need to bring someone with them, that person should not enter the office unless special prior arrangements are made with our office manager.
- We will take your temperature using a no touch thermometer when you enter the office and may use a finger pulse oximeter to measure your blood oxygen levels prior to our initiating treatment.
- As recommended by the CDC before treatment all patients will use an oral pre rinse by to reduce oral germs.
- We will be providing staff with additional PPE (personal protective equipment) including making additional disposable gowns available for staff to use during all patient visits
- As a precaution after a patient finishes their treatment the operatory room will not be used for a period of at least twenty minutes to allow for a minimum of six air exchanges by the room’s air purifier and ensure that any aerosols produced will dissipate . This purifier is rated at filtering 97.97 % of particulate matter of .3 microns with each pass through of the room air.
- During this time the room will be cleaned and disinfected with EPA approved disinfectants.
- In addition in between patient appointments we are “fogging” our treatment rooms with a dilute 200 ppm HOCl solution. Although this solution is extremely virucidal, it dissipates quickly and is non toxic for use between patient appointments.
- There will be an additional PPE fee of $10 dollars for each patient visit that may not be reimbursable by dental insurers
Although some of these changes may seem strange, rest assured they are in line with the interim guidelines from the CDC and New York State for the reopening of dental offices. You can rest assured that the safety of our patients and staff is our number one concern. We will get through this together! If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call our office and discuss them with Ida prior to booking your appointment.